Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Happy New Year!!!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    It's 1:25 AM CET - which means I live in 2004! Happy 2004 to everyone! I hope you can fulfill all of your wishes, and get all the 'games and DVDs' you want!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]


    Now, how do you celebrate the new year? Tell everybody about your customs!

    Here in Spain, the bells in the big clock at the Gate of the Sun (Puerta del Sol) in the center of Madrid ring 12 times slowly, while every Spanish, either in the Gate of the Sun (which is always full as hell) or at home (watching any television channel, all broadcast it) eats 12 grapes, one per ring.

    We drink (usually) cider (Spanish Asturian cider of course, comes with or without alcohol) to the new year, and then go outside for the random pyrotechnic spectacle: a lot of people buy about a gazillon firecrackers and fireworks, and throw them at random from 0:00 to 2:00 and beyond. It's really insane during the first 30 minutes, you can hear about 4 a second, it sounds like we are at war, and there are fireworks everywhere. From the windows in my flat, I have three different views, and I can see most of Madrid from one of them, it's a very nice spectacle with lights everywhere. Some of the firecrackers used are so strong a hard disk I have on a ledge fell, pushing a crystal Santa Mar?a boat in a bottle I had, which is now broken =( But what the hell, we're celebrating!

    Meanwhile, the cellular network gets collapsed with millions of calls and SMS; you ought to send a SMS to your buddies, call your girl (guy if you're a girl ^_^) if she's (he's) not with you, etc.

    Everybody stays awake until 3-10 AM, going to bed earlier than 3 AM must be illegal, but we don't really know, because nobody ever tried [img]biggrin.gif[/img] .

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ December 31, 2003 07:50 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is the run down:
    We sit around a fire, and I shoot fireworks with people we know. Right now, I'm on my third [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] and just came in to sit down. But yea, at 12 I shoot off a lot of fireworks and then come in and watch TV or go online. No one decided to throw a big party this year. Oh well.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    happy new years everyone!

    I finally got se&gt;&lt;0red by my current gf. me=teh uber happy.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member shousuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *throws confetti* Another year to have fun and live life. [img]cool.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool! I'm glad everyone's happy

  6. #6
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    happy new yer!

    I went to a party with many friends, where we chill together and had a good time. came home at one am, watched tv till after 3 am and went to bed.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Happy New Year, Granaboard. It's been fun being here all this time, and I hope to continue such times [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Death Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Happy New Year's everyone...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member PhoenixKingSizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Happy New Year ^_^

    I went to a party, where we played DDR and Karaoke Revolution. We set off fireworks and watched the countdown on TV

    When I got home, I got to drink half a bottle of sparkling wine (non-alcoholic kind, not 21 yet ^_^ and I got to wear a gold top hat!

    There was no musical number, sadly

  10. #10
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had non-alcoholic wine. Tasted like grape juice with fizz, and a large hint of SHIT
    Gah. Gross.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •